You can use below instructions to set up//correct permissions for the datasets/shares.
1. Create share named: homedir with the path /homedir - not the default path which is empty: /
2. Create temporary share named "root" for ACL setting purpose (you can delete this share at the end) with default, empty path: /
3. Configure specific user as a superuser in the" Storage settings - SMB - Superusers
4. Set access to the "root" share for that superuser
5. Set access to the "homedir" share for the users group which should be able to access their user folders
6. Mount "root" share from the Windows client as a superuser and set Extended ACLs for the "homedir" folder and the users subfolder in that "homedir" folder (according to the needed configuration)
We advise to remove any user which is added by default by the Windows system and then add needed useres from the Active Directory and configure ACLs for those users.
Share/folder/path names are exemplary.